Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Psalm 91:14-16 Devotional

Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."
Psalm 91:14 gives us a great promise to those who love God and acknowledge his name. He promises to rescue us. You might be wondering what is God rescuing us from? Well if you read the entire 91st Psalm you will get a glimpse of what happens to us every day in the spiritual world. It reminds us that we are under a constant attack but God is taking care of those attacks and defeating the enemy thousands of times a day! That is an amazing thought when you take a second to think about what happens to you during the course of a day.
But there is a catch to this whole rescuing, delivering, and protecting thing. The catch is 3 very important things.
The first catch is to Love God. The second is to acknowledge and never be ashamed of his name. The third is to pray in his name.
Prayer is the main thing that initiates God to protect, rescue, and deliver us.
Look at verse 15 again: He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
Did you get the “he will call upon me”? Well the call upon me is when we pray and I love the response from God—and I will answer him and not only will I answer him but he gives us additional promises. The first additional promise is that when we are in trouble, God will be right there with us.
The second additional promise is that God will deliver us and then honor us. God does not say he might, or will consider, or he will pray about it, but he promises to deliver us and then tags another amazing thought that he will honor us.
Have you ever consider the thought that God will honor you? What does that mean? It simply means this; if you honor God with your life and your lips, God will honor you and will do it with additional promises.
Look at the last verse of Psalm 91:16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."
Here is another additional promise that God will give you if you love him, acknowledge his name, and call (Pray) upon him.
God promises us a long life and that long life is eternity which never ends!!!

Be Blesses and Encouraged as you read this today!!!
Bill Rieser

2 comments:

  1. Amen!! So, glad to see you post a devotion on your blog...thank you for sharing your love for God and his promises made available to us all. You are a blessing to me and so many others!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to post many more. Hope you are enjoying the book!!

    ReplyDelete