Friday, January 2, 2009

The Funniest Day in Heaven

It would not surprise me if News Years Day was the funniest day in Heaven. Have you ever wondered what God's reaction is to all of our New Years Resolutions. He must laugh and chuckle because he knows that most of us can never live out the resolutions we make. Now I am not saying that He laughs at us, he would never do that. I just think He chooses to see past our self-will, our self-determination and our frail ability to live out what we want to do in life. He knows that we stink at keeping promises. I am glad today that God made us as imperfect human beings. He has wired us to fail and that is why we need a Savior. A Savior to save us from ourselves. A Savior to save us from this world. A Savior to save us from the grip of Satan. A Savior to save us from the mistakes and sins we make.



This year, I am leaning into Jesus more and not worrying about what I can and can't do. I am going to meditate on what He did for me and what He currently is doing for me right now. I am going to reflect on the victory at Calvary more this year. The blood that was shed for me more this year. The 7000 promises he has made available to me to lay hold of in prayer and faith this year.



I personally have stopped making resolutions and starting meditating on those promises and I am trying to live my life in a way where I can see those promises fulfilled in my life and in the lives of others I care about.

I am going to do my best to live out God's plan for my life this year and the only way I can live out that plan is to call on God with faith and seek Him with my whole heart (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

I have to give God more of my heart this year because when I consider what God has done for me through Jesus and what He did on that cross--my heart is the place where I can start to live a life of gratitude and service to the One that I could never repay!!!!



Be Blessed and Encouraged

2 comments:

  1. Billy-- I love what you and Caroline are doing out there-- Can't wait to get that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you!! It is obvious that God has you exactly where he wants you to be. I am just glad that he had you in my life for a season :o)

    ReplyDelete