Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Most Important Message in the World

When it comes to movies, I can watch a good movie over and over. I am that way for just about anything. My wife is just the opposite. She is not into watching a movie 2-5 or even 20 times like me. For some reason, she does not get why I need to watch Commando, Terminator and Clint Eastwood westerns over and over.

The other night I was watching Terminator 2 and she said in a sarcastic way, “Are you expecting a different ending this time?”
One of the reasons I love watching movies like that is because you can count on one or two great lines that make the movie great.

I have to admit that I love action movies like that. I also have my list of favorite actors that whenever they are in a movie, I have to go see it. And you can be sure they will have at least one great line in their movies. Here is my list:

1. Arnold, of course!
2. Robert De Niro…you got a problem with dat? I didn’t think so.
3. Clint Eastwood…any western movie he puts out, I am there!
4. Denzel Washington

I do not know why but I really like Denzel Washington. I had to chance to watch one of my favorite Denzel movies the other night, Déjà Vu, again. I think it might have been the 5th time I’ve seen it. I love this movie. It is an action, suspense, thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.

There is a great line that Denzel and Paula Patton, the co-star, say to each other two separate times in two separate scenes. And the line is this: What if you had to tell someone the most important thing in thing in the world but you knew that they would never believe you? Their response was: I would try.

In the movie Déjà Vu, Denzel and Paula knew that what they had to say was so profound that most people would not believe it.

And as I was preparing my message for this Friday, I realized that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the most important message in the world to you right now. The truth about Christ and what it means to be “In Christ” is so profound, yet few people really believe it. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

My hope is that you will believe it and live it out so you can find out what it truly means to be free. What it truly means to be a new creation. What it truly means to be “In Christ”, and what it truly means to be a child of God because that is what we are 1 John 3:1.

Be Blessed and Encouraged

Bill Rieser

2 comments:

  1. I like your post but ate you saying that every person alive is a child of God?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the confusion, Eric. Please re-read what Bill wrote and see if you can't see that he was saying that children of God are "In Christ" (believers). He's talking about what it truly means to be a new creation, to be In Christ, to be a child of God. Once we believe in Christ, He calls us something new. We are not the old person and we definitely become children of God. I think you may have misunderstood what he said. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete