Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Christmas Message

I hope this message finds you all blessed and well this Christmas season. I am reminded every year and more this year that I am to take some time and personally reflect on what Christmas really means. Consider this; where would we be without the Birth, Life, Resurrection, and Hope of Jesus Christ?
Imagine what life would be like without Jesus Christ as not only Savior of the world but as the lover of your soul and the Hope that lives in you and I.
It is comforting to know that we serve a God who cares for us and all he wants is for us to acknowledge that through a personal relationship with him that is available for anyone who would simply believe and put their trust in Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ is the best gift I ever received, and that is what makes this deal with God so great. We receive Him as a “Gift”
In addition to Jesus Christ being the best “Gift” I ever received, He has been the best “Gift” I have given away. For example, the best thing I ever did for my wife and daughter was to accept Jesus Christ in my heart and then become a fully devoted follower, loving God with all my heart, mind, and soul. In that pursuit of Him, I experienced healing and transformation that enables me to love my family like never before. My family will be the first to tell you that Jesus Christ is the Best Gift you can give and receive this Christmas Season!!!!
How about you? Short on money, too busy to shop, not sure what to buy? Why not give the best “Gift” that is the only “Gift” that truly keeps on giving!!!! Maybe this Christmas you come home with Jesus and you pass out treats of Kindness, Forgiveness, Commitment, Honor, Hope and Love. You might be surprised by the presents you get back!!
At Celebrate Recovery, we want everyone to experience the Hope and Freedom that comes from the “Gift” of Jesus Christ. Reality for you as you are reading this is the fact that circumstances for you and your family are pretty tough and hard. That is why we put no confidence in our ability to change anyone or their circumstances. We encourage people to accept and open up “Gifts” from Jesus so that you can not only enjoy the presents he has for you but that you can rest and find healing in His “Presence” as well!!
Maybe the best “Present” that you will find this Christmas Season will be to rest in His “Presence” where you can experience “Peace” this Christmas.
When I look at the Christmas story in Luke 2:13-14 and the angel of the Lord says: Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests, I find comfort knowing that it is God’s desire that we experience His Peace and find that His favor rests on me.
My prayer for you this Christmas is that you will have His favor upon you and as a result—you will find rest in that.

Be Blessed and Encouraged This Christmas Season!!
Bill Rieser

No comments:

Post a Comment