Thursday, May 28, 2009

Confidence in Prayer

John 41-42 Father, thank you for hearing me. You always hear me.
Are you confident that when you pray your Father really hears you? On a scale of 1 to 10 what is your confidence level that your prayers are being heard?
Scripture makes it real clear that the key to effective prayer is that we abide in Christ by letting God’s word be our guide that leads us to a life of obedience.
Our motivation to live that way should be out of gratitude for what God has done for us and not what we can do for Him.
Jesus said if you love me you will obey what I command (John 14:15)
I obey God because I love Jesus and it is my natural response for what He has done and continues to do for me.
1 John 3:21-22 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.
John 15:7 says that: If you remain (abide) in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you.
Because of this profound yet simple truth I can start all my prayers by saying: Father, thank you for hearing me. You always hear me when I pray!!!
Be Blessed and Encouraged

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful reminder! I have more memories of answered prayer than not, but I'm sure as I age that will increase because God's timing is always perfect and I am stubborn in prayer! If I haven't received an answer, I keep on praying. Praise God for His love and attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My passion and love for God is immeasureable! To totally trust Him is all I ever need. What a neat package He offers....
    I have found as I obey God there is a total peace beyond understanding, hmmmm, just like he said in his word. Can you imagine that? What a wonderful God we serve!

    ReplyDelete